Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bike Fit and Seattle

Happy snow day to you all.  Hopefully you didn't have to spend all day in your car or shoveling this snow.

I was fortunate enough to spend this last Weekend in Seattle and attend a certification for Bike Fitting.  Adam and I explored the city in between my classes with my cousin Kate as well, which was a blast!

Here are some pictures from the trip.



While I was going to the certification I learned so much about the human body, biking and the body on a bike.  It was a great learning and made me change the way I look at biking now and how to bike to minimize injury.

Do you bike?  Have you been fitted properly for your frame, spindle, seat, handle bars, hoods, pedal and cleat?  A lot of fitters and equipment just focus on frame and seat.  The foot/pedal/cleat is SO important.  Your foot is the one thing that never gets a break while you are biking.  Because most bikers are not symmetrical and are riding symmetrical bikes around that can become an issue.

If you bike you need to have a proper bike fit.  Let me know if your interested because I will be doing some free ones as I work on making my process faster.  This is a fit some charge $250-$500!

Paul Swift www.bikefit.com Founder and president, posing for a picture with OSR Physical Therapy owner Rusty and I.




No comments:

Post a Comment