Sunday, November 4, 2012

Happy Sunday

Happy football Sunday to you all.  Addison is napping and I am watching my Broncos beat up on Cincinnati.

While I sit on my bum I figured I would get some writing done and food cooked.  The bonus is it keeps the house warm and cozy!  Here is what I am cooking for the week....

Brown rice
soaking black beans
chicken - spicy, BBQ and plain
Spicy chili chicken soup

Recipe for soup:
2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder

  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips 
  • 1 cup chopped red bell pepper 
  • 1 cup chopped green bell pepper 
  • 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper 
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 2 cups fresh corn kernels
  • (32-ounce) less-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 crushed tomato
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • (you can add onion as well)
  • Preparation
  • Cook chicken, Chop chicken; set aside.
  • Heat broth over medium-high heat; bell peppers, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Sauté until vegetables are tender. Stir in chicken, corn, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes. Add lime juice.
My favorite thing about cooking is mixing ingredients I think would taste good together then trying it out.  I also enjoy searching different recipes then adding/omitting different things to make it a healthier option.

Enjoy your Sunday and go Broncos!

If you are looking for some more reading check out another blog I contribute to
www.osrpt.blogspot.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment