Monday, December 3, 2012

Healthy past time favorite!

Good old spaghetti night!  Who doesn't remember coming home excited for spaghetti night?  You had grandmas, your moms and even at your friend house.  My personal favorite growing up was our carbo loading dinners before basketball games, something nowadays I WOULD NOT recommend.

These days our spaghetti night looks much different from the gluten filled pasta, high fructose corn syrup filled sauces and garlic bread oh garlic bread of the past.

Spaghetti night tonight involved:

  • Salad-Romaine leaves with celery, carrots and peppers with a light olive oil dressing
  • Gluten free, brown rice noodles, Tinkyada to be exact
  • Grass fed ground beef
  • Victoria Italian veggie marinara, yes I could make the sauce from scratch but who has all that time on a Monday night
  • Southern Vineyards Oktoberfest White Table Wine, again its a Monday night, there is football and I have been dealing with a sick kid all day
That looks way different than spaghetti night of years past, but let me tell you it was still good and good for us, well mostly.

 The main course

Pasta Sauce, Costco special 

The gluten and wheat free pasta, I really like it and cannot tell a difference, I also have not had regular pasta in a long time so my taste buds might be skewed.

The wine, yes there is still some left, I try to stick to serving sizes with my alcohol


Good night, and how about those Broncos! Playoff bound!

No comments:

Post a Comment