Friday, July 27, 2012

My rant....

As I am going through this challenges final measurements I am finding it almost comical the amount of excuses everyone is coming up with as to why their measurements are not better. (There have still been some amazingly good.)

As a reminder:

I understand its summer, we are busy, there are lots of things going on.  THERE WILL ALWAYS BE THINGS GOING ON, WE WILL ALWAYS BE BUSY. You have to find a way to make good choices, live a little and be active within your daily life.  If not you will always remain the same (or worse).


You don't have to devote to an hour of activity every single day, but taking 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there will add up!


I do think its also interesting how many of you wouldn't second guess taking your car to a mechanic if its making noise, calling a repair man when something is going on in your house and have a stylist cut your hair when its long.  Yet you think you can do this alone and with no help. Fitness professions spend a lot of money on education, certifications and continuing seminars/classes and are prepared to help you just like your mechanic/electrician/barber. When you are failing over and over and over again, injuring yourself or just clueless consider hiring some help. Think of it as an investment in yourself!

I have written in the past about things to look for in a personal trainer but here is a good reference for you:


Lastly for those of you frustrated why your results were not better after 15-20 days......
It takes time to see true results.  Our bodies are complex and unique and that's what makes losing weight and being fit such a challenge.

Ok, I am done with my rant, just wanted to get some cold hard facts out to you all.  I think I might make this post a prerequisite for future challenges.......




No comments:

Post a Comment