Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1st!

Happy Monday to you all!

We are at the mid point so if you want to see if you are halfway to your goals please let me know so we can do measurements this week.

October 14th is the winner for our group workout/gathering.  12pm will be the start time and I will have football on the TV's in case your worried about missing a game.  Please let me know if you are coming so I can plan ahead for the workout, location and figure out healthy snacks. 

Can you even believe it is October?  Time is flying by and it is so easy to just live in the moment and eat that way as well.  Take time to plan ahead, think about your next meals and know that your nutrition greatly affects everything to do with your body!


Since it is October that means candy will be making appearances all over the next few weeks!  I urge you to not buy Halloween candy even if it is on sale until just before Halloween.  I even buy candy I don’t like just so I am not tempted to eat it!

Here are some candy fun facts:
-More than 400 million M&Ms chocolate candies are produced in the U.S. every day.
-For candy producers, Halloween is the sweetest holiday of the year, even beating Easter, Valentine’s Day and Christmas in candy sales.
-The Snickers candy bar was named after a horse owned by the Mars family.
-California leads the nation in the number of chocolate and cocoa manufacturers, with 146, followed by Pennsylvania, with 115.
-Americans consumed 24.3lbs of candy per capita last year
-Americans are expected to spend an average of $20.29 on candy this Halloween season
-More than 35 million lbs. nearly 9 billion pieces of candy corn were produced last year.
-The Halloween season accounts for 75 percent of the annual candy corn production.
-The average American will gain 9-11 lbs between now and New Years day (don't be average)

Tuesday Plan:
Eggs/turkey
apple and peanut butter
chicken taco salad
my own tuna salad
mixed nuts, banana and little more tuna salad
-looking ahead I think I will have to prep some more veggies and I don't think I will have time for a workout either :(

Have a great week and eat your veggies!


No comments:

Post a Comment