Friday, June 22, 2012

16 Days away, Valley Fair and book club

We are just 16 days away from our next challenge, that does not mean go out and enjoy everything in sight in hopes of doing really well. The challenges are meant to teach us good habits that we can do everyday and have the support of everyone else! Most people tend to be more successful with small goals and in groups, that's what we are trying to accomplish.

I am not sure of the exact specifics of this challenge yet, when I get time to plot it out I will make sure to share with all of you. The challenge will most likely be July 9th to 26th-28th. Recommendations will be similar to our previous challenge as well and of course there will be prizes.

Little weekend motivation


Today we made a nice visit to Valley Fair. It was a great day with family and lots of other Minnesotans.  I want to challenge each of you to go to a place, sit, and observe our society. It is almost depressing to watch how parents are controlled by their children on nutrition choices, and how completely unhealthy we are becoming.

63% of Americans are overweight or obese
Only 2% of High Schools Require Gym Class
Over 90% of parents with obese children will NOT seek medical help

That is crazy to me! I know we might be exposed to good choices and nice areas but pay attention at the state fair this year or other community events where numerous family's are gathering, its almost sad.

On the bright side Addison was able to go on her first ride and visit the wave pool. We brought snacks for food and ate at Subway at the park. Growing up my favorite treat at Valley Fair was funnel cakes! I did manage to leave the park with out having one. Then my supportive and loving husband who stayed at the park longer than Addi and I brought one home for me. I did have some, but had to flush my system with tons of water afterward. The remains are in the fridge now but they will be finding the trash can tomorrow!
Snoopy, Addison, Adam, Hailey and Caleb. Missing Sydney and Alexys.

Last item I want to entertain you about tonight is my own book club. I read a ton of articles, books, magazines and journals. My goal is to share more of the info on what I am reading here with you all. The great thing about that is you get some quality education :) and I learn the info even better. What a win-win!

First up is the most recent issue of Experience Life and the book Diet for a Poisoned Planet. My night stand is usually overflowing with with reading materials but after our trip earlier this month I was able to cover a lot of ground and get caught up!

The book Diet for a Poisoned Planet was recommended to me during our last challenge. It is by David Steinman and the copy I have was written in 1990. It looks like a fairly easy read and right up my alley!
As you can see, my few reading items and water to flush out that funnel cake!


Have a wonderful weekend, enjoy some time with those you care about, take some time for your self and happy Pride weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment