Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Morning Run

Right after Addison woke up this morning I fed her some oatmeal and then we were off for a nice morning run (or so I thought).

Overnight it got quite chilly and windy so luckily I bundled both of us up.  After about the first 5 minutes I knew it was not going to be very fun.  The wind was cold and seemed to be blowing constantly right at us which made the stroller hard to push, also my lack of H2O from the past couple days caught up with my legs about 10 minutes in.  So we made the best of it, walked some to look at the ducks and made a pit stop at the park to go for a swing.  Today the run beat me but I will hydrate today and conquer it tomorrow!

Tips for a successful run:
-Hydrate the day before!
-Don't eat 30-45 minutes beforehand
-Have a light warm up
-Stretch afterward
-Always know you can walk/run/jog
-Have a set goal in your head when you begin and try to beat it
-Have some good music to listen to it you want extra motivation
-Focus on breathing and keep your shoulders relaxed
-Don't land on your heel (it will send a lot of shock right up your leg into your back)
-Try to land on your mid-foot for the greatest absorption
-Wear appropriate layers and removable layers for when you get warm

My goal is to always make the best out of situations and control what I can. The wind I could not control so there is not reason to get upset, its a great reminder to keep training and know its OK to walk sometimes.  I can control my hydration levels so I will not let that happen again.

Addison bundled up on our run (still in her PJ's)

She was happy we stopped at the park


I saw this and it made me think of how I felt today

Good luck to you all this week! It is so much easier to give up than to power through and succeed. My challenge today might not be huge but I wanted to let you all know that sometimes I feel defeated as well and have challenges just like you!

No comments:

Post a Comment